Katherine Hoover wrote:
Dear Finalelist,

    I still need answers to the following.

    1. In Finale 2000 and before, I could hit say a quarter note with
the 4 key (on  a Mac) and it would turn into an 8th.

    My Finale 2004 will not do this.  I have to erase and do over.  Is
there a way to reset this?

    2. The program automatically fills in a measure, that I have not
necessarily finished, with rests.  I am told there is a way to reset
this.  Will I find it under options?

I think it is essentially the same on both Mac and Windows versions in this regard.

To solve problem 2, in the Speedy Entry menu, uncheck the Fill Measure With Rests option.

Problem 1 has always worked as it used to for you, in speedy entry, so I'm not sure what to say about that. Are you sure the note entry cursor is on the quarter note when you hit the 4 key?

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com