Hello all.

Last fall I did an interview for CBC radio, for wh. they've been trying to send me an honorarium. Problem is, they insist on sending me payment in $CAN, and drawn on the Canadian central bank. American banks however charge an arm and a leg to convert foreign currency to $US. I see only two ways out of this:

1) I endorse the Canadian check, sign it over to a helpful Canadian, and physically mail it across the border in return for a credit card or PayPal exchange denominated in $US, or

2) The same, except that the helpful Canadian sends me a physical check made out in $US and *drawn on a US bank.*

Any helpful Canadian want to  volunteer?

On the US side, maybe some helpful American knows the answer to this: Can I take the Canadian check, buy a Traveler's Check ($US) with it, then deposit that to my own bank account, thereby avoiding the heavy exchange fee? Or won't that work?

Any other suggestions?

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/