On 25 Mar 2009 at 15:30, Scott Amort wrote:

> After a bit of searching, I discovered that this process is invoked when
> printing from a 32-bit application to a 64-bit driver. So, it seems the
> culprit is Vista. However, Finale 2009 is the only application that
> gives me this error. And, Finale 2008a prints just fine to this driver.
> This suggests Finale 2009 is at least partly to blame. Has anyone else
> with a similar setup run across this issue?

I know that with Christopher's help you've already identified what is
a likely cause, but one thing to always consider in Vista (and other
versions of Windows, too) is if running Finale in one of the
compatibility modes makes a difference. This is accomplished through
the properties sheet for the icon you use to launch Finale (in WinXP,
there's a Compatibility tab; I can't say if Vista presents it the
same way), and is one thing to try when you get this kind of 32/64-
bit error, since choosing a compatibility mode might force everything
into a mode where all the components work together.

It's a long shot, but one of those tools you should always remember
is available.