Wade KOTTER wrote:
I don't think it's the version that's the problem because I have the Academic version and
I always get the notices. Perhaps some of those people who don't get email notices
unintentionally "opted out" of receiving emails. Another possibility is that
the messages are being treated as spam.

A few years ago I realized that I wasn't getting certain messages anymore, things like notifications of upgrades and other things which I had gotten regularly (not just from MakeMusic). About the same time I received a notification from my e-mail provider that my mailbox was full, which surprised me because I have my e-mail client set to delete the messages on the server once they're downloaded to my computer.

It turns out that my e-mail server had added a spam filter to my account without my knowledge or permission and the spam folder was so full it had used up my entire e-mail storage allowance. Sure enough, looking in the folder there were lots of messages I hadn't gotten but should have.

So I turned off that spam filter at my e-mail server and do all that triage from my e-mail client. It may take me more time, but I am certain not to miss any important notices.

I wonder if that's what's happening to people who haven't gotten their upgrade notices from MakeMusic.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com