On Jun 13, 2009, at 10:09 AM, ch...@directionsinmusic.com wrote:

So it's just laziness on MakeMusic's part, or there may be
some under-the-table dealings which make it profitable for
MakeMusic to force people to use IE, who knows.

On OS X it's a piece of cake to change whatever app should open whatever document/image/pdf/etc. Click on a .htm file once, hit Cmd-I, choose there which app to open this document, then choose to open all similar documents of this type with this app.

/ Cb

Chris,

That operation won't change the browser that Finale uses when you access the help files from the Finale Help menu. It will, however, allow you to double click the help files from the Finder window and have them open where you want. Strangely, the place you change Finale's browser choice is inside the Safari application (!?) in Preferences>Default Browser. I hardly ever touch Safari, so I was as surprised as you must be to discover that I have to open Safari in order to get Finale help files to open in Firefox.

Christopher