Johannes Gebauer wrote:
On 16.06.2009 Lawrence Yates wrote:
How do you select a passage in order to export it as a graphic - I can find
no way of doing this with the graphic tool open, if I select using the
select function, the selection disappears when I click on the graphic
function in "tools".

I think there is a slight misunderstanding on what export selection does in the graphics tool: You don't export a "passage" but a part of the page. You select the area you want to export by double-clicking and dragging a selection frame (at least on Mac), and then choosing export selection. The frame should be showing on the page, otherwise you have not selected anything yet.

That is the same on the Windows side of things -- I found that it's the "double-click-and-drag" that gets people into trouble. It is important not to let up on the mouse button after that second click, but immediately start dragging to enclose what you want to export. As Johannes says, if the frame (the box with the dotted line) isn't showing up after you let up on the mouse button, then you haven't actually selected anything.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com