I'm on a PC so the commands maybe different...
1.  R U using the filter?  If so make sure it is checked for the elements U
want to copy.
2.  I highlight the part and select copy....I don't save it....I choose from
the Window menu the other score or part...open it and paste the part.
Hope this helps
Terry