This is not so unusual - names on parts, I mean, even names of payers who are not playing the parts. I heard that Jack Sheldon's part for the Sandpiper theme (Johnny Mandel) said, "Miles", plunger trombone parts I've seen have said, "Tricky Sam", and many rhythm guitar parts are marked "Freddie Green". I played the Bernstein Mass at the Met many years ago, but I don't remember seeing the score. Big Al and Little Al is pretty cool though.

Chuck