I would like to share with all of you how I FINALLY worked out the problems
I've had installing SIBELIUS 6.

After many exchanges with the folks at SIBELIUS, including an offlist note from
one of their heavies, I can now tell all of you what I had to do.

The final analysis was the fact that the root problem was in the Net 1.0
framework. In spite of weeks seeking a way to repair it, I had to finally
realize that there is no way to do it. I finally decided to spend $155 to
upgrade to VISTA ULTIMATE from the "business" version I had. For those who
might suggest I could repair from my setup disk, there is no way as I could
find no way to purchase one with the SP2 upgrade. To try to do it from the
pre-SP1 DVD that I had.

I backed everything up using CMS' BOUNCEBACK which turns an external HD to a
full image of the original and has a Linux-based recovery disk. (They have it
for MACs, too.)

I did all of the usual virus scans and disabled my firewall.

All in all, I needed 14 hours to complete it. It works.

Henry Howey
Professor of Music
  Sam Houston State University
  Box 2208