On 8/26/2009 2:41 AM, terry cano wrote:
I was able to get a part to extract but the Inst name doesn't appear on the
extracted part...it is in the Staff (Full and Abrv) on the score

In 2008, the instrument name doesn't get automatically copied from the staff when you extract a part. You need to put a text insert in your score containing the Score/Part Name, and set it to show in the parts but be hidden in the score. (I think this is done for you automatically if you create a new score from a 2008 template.)

This has to do with linked parts. An extracted part in 2008 is nothing more than a saved copy of the linked part. And if you think about it, a linked part can't automatically insert anything -- it has to be something that you put there.

Aaron.