Andrew Stiller wrote:
I was startled, not to mention dismayed, a few days ago to find that there are apparently no articles in Wikipedia for any composer older than Purcell! At the very least I could find nothing for Leonin, Machaut, Dufay, Josquin, Palestrina, Lassus, Monteverdi, or Schuetz.

Seems to me there's a lot of opportunity there for grad students, or even undergrads, to get a quick publication credit.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/

Except that Wikipedia doesn't have much scholarly credibility. Many schools won't allow citations from Wikipedia in scholarly papers due to the lack of control over the accuracy of content. So getting something published there isn't exactly putting a feather in their cap from a scholarly point of view and listing it as a publication credit could actually work against someone on their c.v.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com