Someone else's comment in this thread reminded me of something I do as a matter of course, and failed to mention. On almost every document I print with anything other than the standard print settings, I create a text block on the first page of the document which shows on the screen only, detailing the print settings I use: paper size and orientation, n-up, sequence of pages, and any other special setting.. This way, when I come back to it at some future point, I don't have to work it out again. And in booklet printing, one of my own personal quirks is that I ALWAYS use a page count divisible by 4, even making a very rudimentay cover page, if necessary. This completely eliminates two questions known to vex choir librarians (e.g., "What piece does this go to?", and "Which copy is it from?").

ns