Lee Actor wrote:
I disagree. IMO it is absolutely the composer's responsibility to
indicate the pedalling in any harp part, whether by diagram or by the
older  method of writing in the pitch names.

As for harpist's preferring to do it themselves, I can only cite the
example of Lejaren Hiller, whose music I publish and who never bothered
with pedalling diagrams. On one extracted harp part, the harpist
pencilled in the note "Jerry, harps have pedals!"  I add pedalling
diagrams to the harp parts in all my editions of his work.

Andrew Stiller

I used to put pedal diagrams in harp parts until a harpist told me that
regardless of what is in the part, every harpist will write in their own
pedaling.  I see it as similar to printing fingering in string parts (i.e.,
presumptuous), unless your name is Carlos Salzedo.

That seems to be the consensus of the harpists on the Sibelius list as well -- leave them out unless you're a harpist and know what the heck you're doing.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com