Ryan Beard <rw...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I'm tired of using an old laundry basket to store completed projects written
> on large pieces of manuscript paper (12x18). Anybody using a better method? I
> would love to store them upright so they're more easily accessible, but I
> doubt that Staples has anything in stock that I would need.

I'm in the UK, and most of mine are stored upright in stiff card mailing envelopes which are available in a wide range of sizes from:
http://www.btinternet.com/~all_pro1/new_page_2.htm
promotional.pack...@btinternet.com

I don't know whether they sell outside the UK and in any case the cost of freight might be prohibitive, but they might be able to suggest a similar supplier Stateside. I used to get their envelopes about 200 at a time (because I also use them for mailing music), which was more expensive per unit than buying them by the thousand. Then I found a company that was buying larger quantities and was able to come to an arrangement with them to add my more modest requirements to their orders from time to time.

At one time Staples in the UK also sold box files suitable for A3 contents (A3 is a metric size, approx 11.7" x 16.5"), with internal sprung clips to hold the contents in place so the boxes could be used vertically. It might be worth checking whether there's a U.S. similar size available from U.S. Staples?

On a smaller scale, these days I also use the boxes in which A4 plastic pockets are sold as storage for e.g. bigger sets of orchestral parts. I use quite a lot myself and people who work in offices or schools can often bring me additional empty boxes.

I hope you find something appropriate to solve your problem.

Greetings from England,

Patsy

--
Patsy Moore