On 19 Oct 2009 at 19:43, Lawrence Yates wrote:

> In Speedy, place the cursor on the chord - but not on a note of the chord
> (eg on a c major triad place the cursor on an F) and press =
>
> All the notes of the chord will tie over - just tried it.
>
> Apologies if I've missed something and this isn't what you mean.

A problem that I frequently encounter when trying to troubleshoot
problems for clients over the phone is that some people don't
distinguish "cursor" from "mouse pointer." If you're hovering your
mouse pointer over the chord and expecting it to affect the ties,
that isn't going to work -- you have to move the insertion cursor
vertically, either with the up and down arrows, or by clicking the
mouse.

The common "D'oh" moment is that people forget that until you click,
the position of the mouse pointer doesn't tell your program anything
at all.