I want to batch format 30 music files at once, making a change in page format.

ah right, yeah finale script is the way to go. i only recently started looking into this and find it a huge pain to understand. what is needed is a list compiled of possible commands; the format they have chosen works for a general user manual but when writing code, the thinking is entirely different.

glancing through the documentation, here are a few commands that could be of use in building the script. once in the layout tool, run the script. i am looking into this, so the following is not the final script, just a few ideas that could be used for it; let me know what you come up with as well.

source batch folders "Users/Folder/Subfolder"
select window "Edit Page Margins"
type "00" near "Top"
tab
type "00"
tab
type "00"
tab
type "00"
click radio "All Pages"

this doesn't allow for different margins on facing pages... yet.

--

another option? set the margins in the document that is to be the master, redefine all pages to make sure everything is ok and then run the following (also not verified):

batch process the folder
import page format for score from main document

i'm trying to find out how to apply redefine all pages of current score/part...