On Dec 10, 2009, at 4:38 AM, Florence + Michael wrote:

If you click on "Apply" in the Document Options -Beams dialog, you should immediately see the results of any change you've made: no need to use "rebeam" or to select part of the document, since these settings affect the whole document.

At the top of the dialog, there are four choices for Beaming Style:
- Base Slope on End Notes Only
- Flatten Beams Based on Standard Note
- Flatten Beams Based on Extreme Note
- Flatten All Beams

Try choosing a different setting here and clicking "Apply".

Yes, that was the first thing I looked for. I picked the first of these options, clicked "apply"--and nothing happened. Running "Rebeam" after selection doesn't work either.

I can put up with the flat beams if necessary (and in extreme cases can edit an individual beam w. Special Tools), but it bothers me that Finale (at least in my case) seems to have lost what should be its default behavior.

I gather I am the only one experiencing this problem?

--Andrew