FinMac 2010b

This doesn't seem to be working any more. I remember it working differently when I last had to use this.

I have avoid collisions of seconds checked in the music spacing options, but I find that the notes are a little too close together, particularly if the stems-down note is the upper of the two. I can't find an option to change the distance between seconds, so I try to drag the layer 2 note a little to the right in Speedy, but it snaps back as soon as I exit the frame. I have tried all three options in Music Spacing, clear, ignore and incorporate (the last one is what I actually want) but none of them works. The manual positioning is cleared immediately.

I can turn off automatic music spacing, but I WANT it on for most of the piece. Am I going to have to do everything, turn it off, come back to these bars and THEN position as I want?

Thanks in advance, especially if I am overlooking something obvious.

Christopher