On 1/28/2010 9:08 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:
Oh yeah, I know what you are talking about. I have complained about
this bitterly, and the guys at MakeMusic don't even seem to
understand the problem.

I know that I reported this as long ago as 12/2003. I have a reply from them on 1/5/2004 in which they state they are aware of the problem and are looking into it; tech's name was Thierry.

switching the side that the beamlet is on without screwing everything
up, so I left it. (Obviously, for publication this would not do at all!)

The correction is actually very simple, though time-consuming if you have many instances. You have to use the Broken Beam Tool (in Special Tools) to manually flip the beamlet to the other side.

Aaron.