Hi all,

I'm engraving a piece in which there are several instances of tied notes (say, two tied whole notes) with a tenuto mark on the first note. In many cases, this leaves me with the tie and tenuto mark overlapping.

What is the best way to handle this in Finale? Is it better to change the tie to a slur, gaining auto-positioning but losing a true horizontal tie? Is it better to manually move the tie away from the noteheads, which is a pain to do and which leaves the tie end too far from the second note? (This looks particularly odd if the second whole note is tied to a third.) Or is it better just to move the tenuto mark away from the note, outside the tie?

Thanks,
Aaron.