Howdy!

I am a new member to this list, so please forgive in advance if this
question has been answered.

I am running finale 2010 on Dell XP box: dual processors, 4 gigs of ram, EMU
1616m audio.

About a month ago, playback got REALLY weird: sometimes playback would
continue after the end with sounds from a random section, during playback
"layered" sounds would occur, and sometimes playback would not start at all!

OK, I contacted Finale and tech support said the problem was the ASIO
driver: change it to direct sound. However, even though I have deleted the
old configuration files, the ASIOMME.dll driver still loads and the weird
MIDI playback persists.

This is driving me insane-I have eight big band charts I HAVE to finish for
a client with the reference audio files in a couple of weeks. This setup
worked great for months and then something changed!

SAVE ME!!

Mike McGowan