Darcy,

I'm leaving your response intact. It's a revelation -- thanks very much for
this explanation. It makes great sense.

(Even as a longtime nonpop composer, I've had a similar and deep longtime love
of jazz -- my very first jazz album was Coltrane's "Ascension" ... yes, when
it was brand new. I was hooked.)

Dennis