I would like to offer this information, if I may.

Jon Newton teaches classes in finale and MOTU's digital performer at Portland
State University in Portland, Oregon, as well as a series of seminars. He is a
beta tester for finale and Digital Performer .

This is the url for the web site: http://oregonmts.com/

His solution for opening a file with the correct version of the application is
to drag the file you are going to open over the icon of the application you
intend to use with that particular file. He specifically warns against double
clicking to open a file for the very reason you are expressing in your email.

I always tried double clicking before I started taking his seminars. He's also
a beta tester for .

Respectfully,
Michael Mathew