Bonnie,
You need the Dolet for Sibelius from Recordare (www.recordare.com). You put it in the Sibelius plugin folder and can then create MusicXML files which are readable in Finale.
Hope this helps!
Eric
Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
www.habsburgerverlag.de
eric.f.fied...@t-online.de
e.fied...@em.uni-frankfurt.de

On 30.04.2010, at 20:48, Bonnie Janofsky wrote:

I do not see any way to move a Sibelius file into Finale via XML. There is no option to export or save as an XML.

I have Sibelius 6 but haven't worked in it and someone gave me some files created in Sibelius 3. The file opens in Sibelius but no way to export in a format that Finale can read. The Sibelius user wanted to import into Finale without losing lyrics. It would involve editing if MIDI files are used. I could scan and import through Smart Score X Pro but again, some editing is certainly involved.

I looked through the Sibelius manual but there does not appear to be a way to do this. I am using Mac Finale 2010b.
Thanks, Bonnie

Bonnie Ruth Janofsky
composer / songwriter
818-784-4466