At 10:31 AM +0200 5/16/10, Bernard Nussbaumer wrote:
Mark,
I think this is what you are looking for:

Articulation tool - click on a note -
Articulation selection Window - Create
Articulation designer Window - select "Shape" for the Main symbol, then
click "Main"
Shape Selection Window - Create
Shape Designer Window- Shape Designer Menu - Bracket Style - choose the
second (or the first) from the right - OK
Shape Designer Window - Click on Bracket Tool (second from the right) -
Click once near the origin - Click on Selection Tool (first from the left)

[Depending on distance between highest and lowest notes, you may need
different brackets. With Selection Tool, you may shorten or stretch the
bracket out, and move the bracket ]

Then you may go back to your score by two ways:

{OK
Shape Selection Window - Select
Articulation Disigner Window - OK
Articulation Selection Window - Select}

or

{Ctrl-OK}

Fascinating!  In Sibelius 6:

Select notes in the score (you can also select them later, after choosing the bracket);
Type L for Lines window;
Select vertical bracket - OK or Return - you're back in the score;
Drag the bracket to fit, IN the score;
Continue working in the score (and if you need additional brackets, the Lines window remembers your last selection and you can insert them as fast as you can Click-select - L - Return.

Just different ways to approach it, of course.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"We never play anything the same way once."  Shelly Manne's definition
of jazz musicians.