Dear Bob,

Make the change. I'll be back home tomorrow, and I can help then.

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2010, at 6:52 AM, Bob Clifton <bclift...@earthlink.net> wrote:

At 12:00 PM 5/30/2010 -0500, Noel wrote:

The only way I ever found to hide lyrics in FIN 2k4 is a kludge. Define the staff, and set the baseline position relative to the staff so that the lyric is off the page. So let's say you're doing multiple verses in
a grand staff, and you want to hide the lyric for verse 3, and we'll
assume further that you're using 8-1/2 x 11 inch (or for European
readers, A4) paper. If you set the baseline for the lyric you want to
hide at a +18 inches, the lyric will "print" well off the paper, and not
be visible.

I've never used chords, but I assume that the same principle might be
applicable in that subsystem, as well.

ns

Thanks Noel and Christopher. I see that my 2009 does include lyrics and chords as a staff attribute, while 2004 does not. For what I usually do, 2004 has been familiar and hassle-free, so inertia has kept me with it so far. Oh well. Either Noel's ingenious kludge or change over.

Speaking of upgrades, I note that the Garritan sounds still do not include nylon string guitar.

Bob C