Hey all,

I think it is finally time to replace my Yamaha P300 digital piano, which is
almost 16 years old now and is beginning to show its age -- several keys have
become unresponsive, and the instrument has suddenly developed a noticeable
warble on every patch. (A full factory reset did not solve the problem.)

I'm thinking of going with a master keyboard controller plus software
instrument -- most likely the Pro version of the Garritan Steinway, which
sounds head and shoulders above everything else I've heard (based on the
available online samples, at least). But I'm open to alternatives if anyone has
suggestions.

Where I'm most in need of advice is with regard to the keyboard controller --
I'm looking for a nice, authentically piano-like weighted action. Don't need
any onboard sounds. Don't want to break the bank. I'm hoping to get a complete
package (including a pair of studio monitors I can place on top of the
keyboard) for under $1000 (and the Garritan software is $400).

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org