For new music? If you do a lot of music with lyrics, I'd say get it. It is
much, much easier and faster to get good lyric spacing with the new version.
For me, the upgrade is worth it for this improvement alone.

Apart from that, the improvements in the way staff spacing is handled are very
welcome, even if they may not be quite so important for a seasoned user. For
new users, these changes should make staff spacing easier and more intuitive:
they will never have to learn the process of optimization. I find it very
useful that now you see all the music moving in real time with a staff when you
move it up or down.

Michael