Dennis,

If this is something like Monteverdi's "Zefiro Torna" I think I would write out the part and include above it a reduced staff with continuous cues.

Hal Owen

I have a ciaconna bass of two measures that is repeated over 60 times. What would be the proper way to abbreviate this in a separate part using the .//. sign? Does each repetition have to appear and be numbered, or this there a way of only having the repetition sign once with a number indicating how many times the pattern is to be repeated?

I know Ted Ross says this is "used very seldom in published music", and I wrote out the whole part myself. But this is a suggestion I've been asked to follow...

Thanks,

Dennis

Harold Owen
1375 Olive Street #402, Eugene, OR 97401
mailto:hjo...@uoregon.edu
Visit my web site at:
http://uoregon.edu/~hjowen/
FAX: (509) 461-3608