In a message dated 6/27/2010 10:00:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
finale-requ...@shsu.edu writes:

Date:  Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:36:20 -0400
From: dhbailey  <dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com>
Subject: Re: [Finale] Use of  JazzSymbol in Finale
To: <finale@shsu.edu>

Thank you very much for  clarifying this for me -- I suspect
you will be selling a font to me in  the near future!  :-)

David H. Bailey

Thanks, David. And by all means, folks, please give us feedback on  these
products, especially JazzSymbol, which really came out nicely due to the
intrinsic clarity and compactness of Arial Narrow--a wonderful base font for
chord symbols, that good suggestion having come from a Finale user. The great
 thing about Unicode fonts is that they're infinitely extensible. So if
there are  any sets of matching symbols you'd like to see in a future upgrade,
just let me  know, and we'll add them.

It also would not hurt if users report to MakeMusic, even just on this
forum, the usefulness and inherent quality of our fonts, which combine
high-quality workmanship with strong design features enhancing usability. If
they
can coordinate their leap to Unicode (which surely must occur  before too
long, since Sibelius already embraces Unicode) with our chord symbol  fonts,
chord symbol entry in Finale will be a snap--and far superior to  that in
Sibelius. Things such as customizable Traditional and Commercial  Chord Symbol P
alettes based on our well-organized fonts to replace the  arcane libraries
of chord suffixes and so on could eliminate several confusing,  intricate,
and labor-intensive steps. Not to mention the thousands of pages  of content
we have already produced in Finale for our traditional and commercial
print-digital music theory textbook, Understanding Tonal Music, that I'd like
keep in Finale--our intent there being to empower adopters of our textbook
to  create their own matching custom instructional materials using Finale
and our  fonts, making our textbook totally customizable and therefore quite
unique,  while promoting Finale.

And yes, it would be possible for us to create a matching "handwritten"
jazz font (same mapping, different base font), if enough users want that. That
 would make it possible for users globally to change between our chord
symbol fonts depending on what "look" they want--formal (serif); less formal
(sans serif); or informal ("handwritten").

Cheers,  jrc

Dr. John R. Clevenger, Manager
The Virtual Conservatory
50 S.  Patterson Ave., #203
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
Phone and fax: (805)  964-7988 (for fax, ignore answering machine)
Email: _jclev...@aol.com_ (mailto:jclev...@aol.com)
Web site: _www.virtualconservatory.com_
(http://www.virtualconservatory.com/)