Noel - yes, expressions are different from text blocks, but I haven't known how
to create musical symbols for use in a text block without them. Like you
described, I leave a space in the text block for the symbol, create an
expression, and drag it into that space.

Nigel - I tried your suggestion with the Jazz Text Font, but couldn't find the
keystrokes that produce notation. All I could produce were letters and numbers.
How do you access these keystrokes?

David - I downloaded and installed the Bach font, but couldn't figure out how
to use it. I'm trying to write quarter - 2 beamed eighths - 4 beamed eighths.
I'm using a Mac.  I seem to be rather a dim bulb at this, so any suggestions
are welcome!

Ken

Ken Parsons

Wind Symphony Director