On 14 Sep 2010 at 16:59, Mark D Lew wrote:

> David Fenton wrote:
>
> >I'm lazy and instead of creating templates, I just copy old files.
> >But when it's a file with lyrics, the new file inherits the
> >adjustments I made to the per-system baseline of lyrics in page view.
> > Is there some way to reset these to the default?
> >
> >Or do I have to go through and adjust each one manually?
>
> Well, possibly neither.
>
> Finale can handle a zillion different lyric verses. Could you just
> avoid the problem by leaving the lyrics 1 through 8 still bungled by
> the old file and for the current piece use lyrics 51 through 58?

I considered doing this, but it would offend my sensibilities. :)

In the present case, it was only two verses for 75% of the piece, and
6 for the last 10 measures or so, with one lyric, so it wasn't that
hard to adjust.

I'm on another one right now that has 6 voices throughout (with one
verse). I'll have to meditate on this for a moment, since I'm about
ready to start inputting lyrics.