On 11 Oct 2010 at 19:58, Phil Daley wrote:

> At 10/11/2010 04:56 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
>
>  >On 12 Oct 2010 at 7:50, David McKay wrote:
>  >
>  >> If 64 bit Windows won't let you use Flash, does that mean no
>  Youtube? >> Couldn't imagine a life without Youtube at call. Eek! >
>  >I don't know who said 64-bit Windows does not support Flash. It's
>  >simply not true. Absolute balderdash.
>
> It didn't for a loooong time, even after many requests.
>
> It must be something new.

Once again, you're elliding really important issues:

Flash has been supported on 64-bit Windows via 32-bit browsers for a
very long time.

And the default browser for Windows 7 is 32-bit IE. If you don't do
anything unusual, you'll have no difficulties. That means using 32-
bit browsers until Adobe gets their act in gear.

And, of course, the 64-bit limitation was not just on Windows, but on
Mac and Linux, as well.