On 10/31/2010 1:34 AM, Michael Greensill wrote:
I bit the bullet and did upgrade to 2011. But in reading the "quick
reference guide" that came with 2011, I notice that under "entering the
music" they only describe "simple entry". The only mention of speedy,
and it's in teeny tiny type, is at the end of that section and it
says...See "speedy entry" in the user manual for other ways to enter music.
It definitely seems like they're steering newbies away from, what seems
to me according to this list, to be the most popular form of entering
music.

They've been downplaying Speedy Entry now for several versions, trying to get people to think of Finale as more compatible with Sibelius, whose computer-keyboard-and-mouse entry system is much more like the newly "improved" Simple Entry.

Sort of Finale's way of saying "We won't be doing anything to improve Speedy Entry anymore" it seems.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com