To me this sounds like one of the keys in your keyboard got sticky.

Klaus

----- Original Message ----
From: "delius...@aol.com" <delius...@aol.com>
To: finale@shsu.edu
Sent: Sat, December 11, 2010 6:58:48 AM
Subject: [Finale] Help!  Sudden 2011 articulation glitch

All of a sudden while coming to the end of a piano vocal score project, the
articulation tool went batty, and no matter what you clicked or typed, a right
parenthesis started appearing (articulation 39).  I would be holding down the A
key for accent, and a right parenthesis.  Or, I would group a bunch of notes to
get the articulation assignment box to open, and suddenly all these notes had
right parentheses.  Since they appear whenever you click on a note, you can't
even get the "tool" to open.  Have I inadvertently invoked some macro that
needs
to be undone?  I WAS very tired at the time, and my hands were migrating right
on my laptop and were sometimes pressing wrong keys.

Thanks in advance,
Michael Wittenburg