On 1/8/2011 3:20 PM, Chuck Israels wrote:
Yes, you can.  There's an item in the File menu called "File Info".
You can set that up to have things appear where you want them on
whatever pages you want in score and parts.  You usually want those
appearances to be different, so in your default document, you can set
up the score with these things showing in the correct place and hide
those (score) appearances where they show up in the linked parts.
Then you reverse the procedures for the parts, showing what you want
there (placed where you want) and hiding the (part) appearances in
the score.  Perhaps another element of this I haven't mentioned is
that there is an item called "inserts" under the Text menu where you
will discover how to enter things automatically.  This becomes pretty
intuitive, if you play with it for a while. but it does take some
time and fussing to get things to show/hide where you want them.
That is part of why default documents and templates are useful.

Chuck

This is indeed very useful.

Here's my question: Is there a way to have this set up in default parts? I have a setup I like to use for extracted parts, but am really not certain how to set it up so that, in my default file, parts (and score, for all of that) are already formatted with this information?

It's very useful to have [TITLE, Part, Page] at the top of every page, but so far I have to go in and do that with the Inserts every time I extract parts from a new score.

Carl