Dear List,

The other day I had a cut-and-paste catastrophe involving some files; in
moving from computer-to-flash-to-computer, some didn't make it, and I ended
up  having to recreate a lot of extracted, fully laid-out parts from scratch.

I DID have pdfs of all the files that I had created using CutePdf, which I
highly recommend; we use the Pro version at Sarasota Opera, but the free
version  has nice features if all you're looking to do is create them.  At any
rate,  I had a moment where I thought, maybe I could print, scan, and use
SmartScoreLite take a crack at them.  But then I read the description and
saw that it would leave too many things to fix.  I didn't try it, anyway,
though, so I only have my impression to go on.  The upgrade price gave me
sticker shock and I immediately closed the browser window rather than
contemplate it for too long.  So, my question is this: does anyone use the
Lite
version of this program, how useful is it as is, and how powerful is the  full
version?  Is it really worth 200 bucks?  I ended up staying up  for about
three hours replacing my files; at least my pdfs gave me a guideline  to go on
as to what my layout choices had been, and I even found things I wanted  to
improve on.  So in my case, I don't know that three hours equals $200,  but
for others, it may totally be worth it.

Comments, please!
Michael Wittenburg
Music Administrator