On Mon, January 10, 2011 2:31 am, Daniel Wolf wrote:
> The non-standard key signature feature is superb if you are working with
> tuning systems in which accidentals represent constant numbers of scale
> steps within the tuning system at hand and you are either playing back
> through an external synth with "full keyboard" tuning facility, relaying
> it through a a program which adds pitch bends externally (i.e. Midi Relay
> or InTun), or by adding pitch bends externally to an exported midi file of
> the score (I use Scala for this). This works fine for temperaments with
> consistant accidentals

Daniel,

Must have been you and not Johannes who explained this before.

What is the trick inside the non-standard key signature that allows the output
values to be 'stretched'? What's happened to me (and what I mentioned in a
the next traditional value ... then it 'resets'.

In other words, I can send out any number of divisions above C in (say) 1/8
tones, but as soon as I send a C-sharp, it starts the 1/8-tone scale over
again from the 'real' C-sharp. Finale sends all those 1/8-tone accidentals as
Midi values of C, C-sharp, D, D-sharp ... which works fine going to an
1/8-tone-tuned device.

Where is the place in the non-standard key signature dialog(s) to indicate
that stretch? And what happens when it runs out of official Midi notes?

This is probably something I'm making too difficult, or I gave up on it too
easily.

Dennis