If it's possible, make the clef change where a beam already breaks, between two
beats or between two phrases. If extremes of range force you to put a clef
change in the middle of a beamed group, don't break the beam: it's important to
show that the rhythmic grouping continues. If you break the beam, it could look
as if a break in phrasing is desired.

A beam broken in the "wrong" place can also hamper sight-reading, particularly
if there are groups of very short values: if I'm playing passages in 32nd notes
I want to see how they fall into beats.

Michael