To Jari, friend of the Finale user,

I've got a similar need for a plug-in, and I think it would be fairly common
for anyone who writes for full orchestra.  I often input four notes for
horns in one staff when I am sketching, then later explode them to two
staves. Problem is, normal scoring for horn is, top to bottom:
1
3
2
4

but with 1&2 on top staff, 3&4 on lower staff.

Right now this takes several steps, dummy staves, etc. to do.  (Even a
plugin that put the 2nd and 4th notes [top to bottom] in another layer of
the same staff would be very helpful.)  What do you think?

Raymond Horton
Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
Composer, Arranger
VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com