I don't think there is an option of changing group brackets in NotePad 2006.
As I recall the big blue triangle thing had to do with a conflict between
Finale and Internet Explorer, go figure.

The only solution I could think of is to send the file to someone who has
Finale 2006 and have them make the adjustment to the lines and curves
option.