Have you tried adjusting the start point in Document Options > Multimeasure
Rests? I think the default is 1.25 spaces. Try changing it to 2 spaces and
see if that's more to your liking. Doing this will adjust all the
multimeasure rests in the document. If you just want to change one,
highlight the multimeasure rest with the selection tool, and just edit it
individually.