I find that if I click in the space next to the "Number of Beats" slider, it
moves by one position, increasing or decreasing the number of beats by one. It
gets a bit tricky to hit the space when decreasing from three to two beats: in
this case, I find it quicker to move the slider left to the one beat position,
then click once to the right of it.

Michael