On 7/28/2011 4:57 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
> On 28 Jul 2011 at 9:44, Jari Williamsson wrote:
>
>> On 2011-07-27 21:34, Wade KOTTER wrote:
>>> Note the minimum systems requirements for Sibelius 7:
>>
>> Since Sib is on a 2-year release schedule, they had the choice to go
>> 64-bit with this release or wait 2 years.
>
> Er, what? There's nothing in there that says 64-bit required, so far
> as I can see. Certainly Mac OS X Lion (which is 64-bit-only) requires
> it, but I can't see anything in there at all that says 64-bit-only
> for any other platform.

As a matter of fact, they claim that Sibelius will install as both a
32-bit version and a 64-bit version on 64-bit machines (I hope that's a
user option -- I can't see having both versions) and it will work just
fine (to a point) on 32-bit machines.  What will be lacking is the
ability to take full advantage of their new audio engine and new sounds.

But at least for 64-bit machines, Sib7 is a true 64-bit program.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com