----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Greensill" <m...@mikegreensill.com>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] keeping old manuals

> <<They WERE the best manuals for any piece of software I've ever
> learned, ever.>>
>
> Couldn't agree more! When I got Finale 3.0 I learnt most of the basics
> by reading the manual without the program even being open. It may be
> my age...but there's no way reading it on-line can in any way compare
> with reading and absorbing the manual. Just being able to flip back a
> couple of pages to check a term or some dialogue box seems an
> impossible chore on-line.
>
> Mike G.

Me too.  There was one early version that had separate spiral-bound manual
and reference books in a black box with the original art deco conductor
silhouette logo.  That was truly excellent quality, it made you feel the
cost of the program was worth it just for that.  Sadly I lent my copy to
someone and never saw it again.

I still keep the reference card from v.3.0 handy even today.  Some of it is
out of date but the keyboard shortcuts and character sets are sooo useful
for occasional users like me.

Peter