Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 18:47:21 -0400
From: Michael L  Meyer <mlmli...@gmail.com>
Subject:  [Finale] Character names
To: <finale@shsu.edu>

Hi all -- FinMac2011 -- working  on a musical theatre score.  In the past, I've
assigned names of  characters (at the beginning of a sung passage) as
expressions.  (e.g.  JULIE JORDAN:   or something like that)

In Fin2011, I even made a  category called "character names" so that each new
character name I  made would already use the same font, click placement, etc.
However,  the category definition forces me to designate a Staff List for
assignment -- and there isn't an option that just says "place this  expression
on the staff I place it on, and only that one."  There's "top  staff," "bottom
staff," or any of the staves in the score -- but the  staff I assign these
expressions to changes with each use.

Am I  missing something?  Or should I not be using expressions for this, and
instead use measure-assigned text boxes?

Thanks in advance for  any help/ideas.

-- Mike