I use the Oxygen8 when I am using a laptop out of town. Download the latest
driver from the website, as the one you have may break in future OS upgrades. I
just hit the octave up and down buttons on it, and it doesn't bug me too much.

Sorry, no experience with the Alesis, but it's hard to imagine the limited
needs of Finale exceeding any MIDI keyboard. So you're probably good with
anything you're comfortable with.

Christopher