Horses for courses, I suppose. I love the new score manager. I suppose it's
worth the price of the upgrade. On the other hand, not being in the education
field, the improvements in SmartScore mean little to me. Similarly the extra
sounds in Garritan. I am a contemporary arranger, and Finale seems to be
catering to the classical musician.

I'm disappointed not to see an emulation of Sibelius' 'magnetic layout'. This
could be a deal breaker for me. While I am very happy with Finale 2011, it was
always in expectation of a similar feature. However, as I've used Finale since
2.0 I am loathe to crossover.

The new score manager will keep me hanging around for another year. For $119,
I'd rather split the difference with Jari Williamsson and send him half for his
wonderful plugins

- Nigel Hanley
Sydney, Australia