FM2012 installed without problems on my desktop Mac, where I do most of my
work. On my MacBook, which I in Finale contexts more use for references between
work sessions, the percussion staff in a march score had odd substitutions for
the note heads, even if the installation reported itself successful.

I then ran the suggested font installer, and all note head went funny. Again
after the installation reported itself successful.

I then carried out the procedure suggested below here and deleted al the fonts
that obviously were related to engraving, and then once more ran the font
installer. And now the scores look right, but then I haven’t looked at all
possible ways of writing in Finale.

As I see it, Finale’s font installer must be wrong. If it will not install,
when older font versions are in the fonts folder, then it should uninstall them
as part of the procedure. At least it should not declare the installation
successful.

Klaus