There are too many ledger lines for the parts where it is in the treble clef.
Otherwise I would put everything in the bass clef.

Does that merge music utility work?

-----Original Message-----
From: David H. Bailey <dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com>
To: finale <finale@shsu.edu>
Cc: bill sinclair <billsi...@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 4, 2011 12:17 pm
Subject: Re: [Finale] How do I deal with harmony that mixes two clefs?

On 11/4/2011 2:05 PM, bill sinclair wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I was given three part harmony. The top voice is all in the TREBLE clef, the
> bottom part in all in the BASS clef.
>
> But the middle part is partly in treble , partly in bass clef.
>
> So when I split the voices, I'm going to have two staffs for the middle voice.
> Unless someone can suggest a shortcut to MERGE the two staffs.
>
> Any ideas, other than having to re-enter everything for the middle voice?
>
> The middle voice is a tenor sax, which transposes up a ninth, and his key is
always treble clef.

that's what staff styles are for -- enter the middle line entirely in
the bass clef, and then use a staff style where the transposition is
defined as up a major 9th and in the treble clef on those sections where
it's supposed to be tenor sax.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com